Thursday 15 April 2010

Tags & 4 x 4's



Been playing with my silkies again, but this time I used them as a background. I splodged a bit of each of the 4 colours onto a craft sheet, took my brayer, loaded it up and rolled. The colours came out too bright and the stripes were too clean, so I spritzed it with water and got a much more muted effect. I'm not sure if you can see or not but because they have mica in them, they sparkle!!!! The background image (stampers anonymous - diamond collage) is clear embossed on all the pieces.



I am entering the one on the right into this weeks My Time To Craft challenge as the theme is pretty pearls. I don't know if black ones are be classed as 'pretty', I can but try!!!

*** Edited ***



It was sunny this morning, and I've done some close ups, so I'm hoping you can now see the mica which gives it the sparkle



You may need to enlarge the photos to see properly



On this one there are two stripes across her dress that are prominent

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the collage look of these Sam x

downrightcrafty said...

Sam to me they are all pretty, very effective and as you say more muted spitzed. love the butterfly one
Hugs Kate xx

crafty creations said...

Fantastic Sam - love the way you've muted the colours - love the stamping too !!!

x Hilda

Sid said...

Nic work, great tags & squares !

Jo said...

The black pearls look good to me! Thanks for joining in with us at MTTC :o) Jo x

Unknown said...

These are all fab ... love the composition ... and the lamp post ended up a bit well ... erm ... bent :0)

Heavens2Betsy said...

These are absolutely fabulous! I don't have any silkies .. but seen in this way ... they are now on my wish list! lovely. x

Cath Wilson said...

Ooh, I bet they're SO much nicer IRL if you can see sparkle. How do we train our cameras to catch it??? It makes such a difference. Great tags, Sam.

Cath Wilson said...

Yeah, I can see the sparkle AND the colours more clearly now, Sam, lol. Thanks for the close ups.

Angelnorth said...

Great tags and 4x4s Sam, love the collage look of the stamping and that little girl's crochet hat is adorable!

LazyKay said...

Oooh, yes, I'm seeing the mica! Looks brill - I like them all.

xxxxxxxxx

Neet said...

You have been busy, and such gorgeous creations. Mmm - do I now NEEDS to buy some silkies?

Davi said...

WOW Sam those are some wonderful creations!! The colors, shimmer, images are FAB!! Thanks for stopping by! :)

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous tags and squares. Especially love the black pearl one.

mommabear said...

they are all gorgeous Sam love them all

Blog Archive