Monday 27 March 2023

Finn Class - Day 2 - Altered Journal Covers (PM)

                         

This is what was in the kit for the last workshop of the weekend.


First step after getting the covers off was to add white crackle paste to both outside covers.


Next I used Dublin flakes to add metallic elements to the covers and the main feature, the steampunk moth.


Laid out the composition, stuck everything down with heavy body gel and dried thoroughly.  Coated with black gesso and wiped back.



And this is what I ended up with.  Metallic flakes still visible. We then used white gesso to dry brush both covers to allow the colours to come through.


I chose to decorate in shades of green, I used emerald and lime from Finns acrylic range.


The back cover has tape on for a bit of added texture.


This is the best photo I could get whilst still in the class!


We managed to finish around 5.30pm, so we went back to the pub, had something to eat and then I drove home. We dropped Jules off, then I dropped Janet off and I walked in the door at 12.30am.  Bailey was soooo pleased to see me and so was Martin x

No comments:

Blog Archive