Tuesday 26 April 2022

Steampunk Clock

 

I picked up this clock from the car boot.


Martin took it apart for me and this is what he salvaged from the inside workings.


So we now just have the shell and the glass face.


I primed the case with black gesso.


Added some stencilling to the front.


I covered the outside casing with steampunk elements, resin and metal.



And the view from the top.


I was playing around with putting some more resin pieces on the front.


Next I was having a play with different sized cogs and gears and how I was going to display them on the inside.


I primed the metal and resin pieces.


Painted the cogs in a gold colour.


A close up of the inside.


The outside painted silver and then silver and a bit of gold wax.


And the other side.


And finally the finished article.


The back is just painted plain black.


Close up of the skull inside.


And another one.


Bottom corner.

No comments:

Blog Archive