Friday 3 December 2021

Spiked Mask Canvas

 

I saw a canvas made by someone on FB and I absolutely loved it. so I decided to have a play and put my own touches to it.  Although, I have to say, I loved it so much, I didn't change too much but didn't want to completely replicate it.

I used a full face mask and a fancy brown decoupage mask, I fitted them together to make on mask. Used t-shirt fabric and paper deco with bronze powertex.


Once completely dry, I started adding hardware and wire.


I painted over the top with silver acrylic paint.


Added red paint and red pigments to the canvas once really dry.


Took a quick photo outside before it rains again!


A few close ups. Added pieces of wire to the eye sockets.


I tried to re-create the effect of barbed wire.


I added three netting staples over the mouth.


A line of screws to the forehead.



Red acrylic paint around the eye and mouth area. Lots of waxes and pigments also used.


This is the original that I was totally inspired by.  Cate Wilshaw of Dark Imaginings was the creator of this fabulous piece.  She completed it nearly 3 years ago, but I have only just come across it. I love it.


This is the whole piece.

No comments:

Blog Archive