Saturday 25 September 2021

Cogs & Spoon Plaque

 

Remember this spoon I picked up from the car boot a few weeks ago?


I used my new Finn stencil and silver icing paste to put the pattern on this piece of wood.


I glued a piece of lace over the top.


Then I pulled out a few resin pieces and played around until I came up with something that I likes.


I painted on some prussian blue and sprayed water on it to dilute the colour.


Painted all the elements black except the spoon.


Next I sprayed the pieces with Decoart turquoise metallic spray.


Once dry, I used my new favourite colour of alchemy wax brushed iron, to high-light parts of the embellishments.


I decided to paint the spoon silver.


Close up of the head / bowl of the spoon.


And a close up of the other end, the fancy handle.


And finally the middle of the spoon.

This is going up for sale in my online website.

No comments:

Blog Archive