Friday 6 August 2021

Master Mind Online Workshop with Belinda Basson


All set up and ready to go.


We had to perform a lobotomy so I had my styrofoam cutter at the ready.


And now we have  the top of the head spliced off, we can make a start.


Next we covered the head with random pieces of silver sticky foil.


And used a ball point pen to add some marks.


Then the classic, cover with black paint and wipe most of it off again so the paint stays in the impressions made with the pen.


Then the piece for the top was put through an embossing folder, cut out and stuck on the top.


And the same treatment to the top using the black paint again and wiping back.


Painted the cogs black and then used brushed iron alchemy wax over the top.


Then I started to assemble the gears on the top of the head.


The gears are now dry and thankfully they stayed in place.


And the side view from the right.


And the back of the head.


And the left side view.


Then Janet came to my rescue providing me with some plastic green soldiers - thank you.


And a close up of the top with the soldiers mounted on there.


A more frontal view.


And from the back but to the side.


And the view from the back square on.


And another back and side view.


And a close up view of the top.


I decided that I needed to put it on a proper base.  So I painted a piece of wood black, then I created a skin using an embossing folder and Finnabair icing paste in silver.  Once dry I peeled it off and stuck it to the piece of wood.


Once dry, I used a cheap black dye inkpad and swooshed it over the top and as you can see it only caught the raised pieces.


I then glued the head onto the base.


And a close up of the base and bottom of neck.

No comments:

Blog Archive