Friday 14 August 2020

Paper Bag Book


I have a stash of large sized brown paper bags so I decided to try and make a book out of them.


Folded them and held them together with two huge paper clips that I was kindly sent by Becky.


Next I chose some papers and trims.


I used the sewing machine and whizzed around the edges.


Using the largest zig-zag stitch on the machine.


Next I had a play with what I was going to do on the front cover.


As I didn't want to stick the tags in the book and buying self adhesive plastic sleeves was going to work out too expensive, I made my own from A4 clear plastic wallets.


I stuck them onto the pages using double sided red liner tape.


Here it is completed with all the pages tied together using the ribbons.


And this is the back. (Off cuts from the 12 x 12 pages I used for the insides.)


I extended the end piece so it was a better fit and wrapped round the laces.


This is how it looks from the side when tied at the front.


A view from the top.


And just a couple of views from the insides.


I haven't put any decoration on the insides as I wanted to be able to move the tags around easily and it turned out to be bulky enough without adding anything else.
 

I wanted to make something to put my vintage style tags in from the #fabtag30day challenge.

No comments:

Blog Archive