I rolled out various pieces of clay after making it with Powertex and Stone Art.
I stamped into it and also used a small cookie cutter to cut out the squares.
I then put smaller pieces on to fill in some of the gaps.
Close up of the stamping and cut out shapes.
I cut some circles out and placed them on the face too.
Once it had thoroughly dried, I painted areas with ochre Powertex and then once dry I also used black.
I sprayed with yellow, brown and black Bister. Drying between each colour.
I filled the spaces in with black Powertex.
I added various colours of paints and pigments, starting with the matt colours and moving onto the metallics until I was happy with what I had.
View from the side, so you can see how much the mask protrudes.
More close ups of the metallics to hi-light the stamping.
The size of the canvas is 10" x 12" and I used a £1 mask from The Works.