Friday 16 March 2018

Rusty Elements


After the launch of the new Andy Skinner and Tando greyboard kits, they inspired me to make a couple of tags. I already have the industrial set and some mdf hearts and tags and this is what I came up with.


All products used were from the DecoArt range, including textured sand paste, media paints in paynes grey, dairylide yellow, cobalt teal and quinacridone gold.


I also used some metallic lustre in orange flicker over some of the sand paste to bring out the detail.


Love how the quin gold changes the colour of the colours underneath.


And for the second one I used white modelling paste with the fossil stencil.


I painted the whole tag with white tinting base, added a layer of patina antiquing cream and wiped back. Then added metallic lustre in orange flicker and copper kettle.


The heart was made in the same way as the tag above and I've added some rusty wire.


Close up of the sand paste with orange flicker metallic lustre.


Both tags, side by side.



3 comments:

Jackie PN said...

Excellent rusting! Super tag, love your elements!
Jackie ")

geezercrafter said...

Wowser Sam, both these tags are just amazing, you have that technique well and truly mastered!!

chrissie said...

Amazing Sam--they really look like rusty metal--so clever

Love Chrissie xx

Blog Archive