After making an angel at the workshop last weekend with Allison, I wanted to make another for my mum. Wings being attached to the body. I used a £1 doll bust as opposed to the £9 plaster ones we used at the workshop.
Cut some fabric for the 'crazy' wings.
Covered the wings, the base layer and the draped layer in bronze Powertex.
I cut the hair off the dolls head but wanted to give her some different hair, so mixed bronze powertex with 3d flex to a consistency so that I could pipe it on. I covered the head in cling film just in case it didn't work, and I could still rescue the head.
But it did work, and this is what it looked like when dry!
Put the hair on the head and Powertexed them both.
Head back on and coloured with patina, teal and gold metallic paints.
Top half, wings and head.
Close up of front right wing.
Close up of front left wing.
Full view from the back.
Wings and head from the back.
I think this one shows up the metallic colours more.
View of face and hair from the side.
And finally in amongst the flowers.
Again, she's not staying in the garden, she's going to mums, if she likes her.