Sunday 7 February 2016

Crackle Inspired Tags


Leandra's been on periscope again and this time she showed a few techniques with the PA crackle glaze and the fresco paints. I tried a couple of them out as you can see above and this is probably the best crackle I've ever achieved with this product.


And this is what I did with them.


Close up of the multi-colours and stamping through the crackle.


I used a couple of stamped fabric pieces from a workshop I attended last year as I didn't want to cover too much up.


Might just need to add some fibres to this one.


Close up of the crackle with limelight, yellow submarine, tango and plum painted over the top, then sanded back especially around the edges as I wanted a very grungy, distressed look.


Close up of the die cut cogs.


Background cogs were stamped in timber brown stazon over the crackled tag.

A Vintage Journey have a theme of industrial, so I'd like to enter this tag.

9 comments:

Helen said...

gorgeous tags Sam! I am crackling too this morning!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Love them Sam, fab crackle xx

Sandy said...

Hey Sugar -- first let me thank you for your visit to my blog. I must apologize for not being around so much. It seems the older I get the slower I get. And time gets by me so quickly. I plead guilty - I reconnected with an old love - reading books - yes I do spend a couple of hours every day reading. Oh woe is me!!
Sam, You are always experimenting and making neat stuff. The crackle on here looks great. I do not know what PA Crackle is. Wonderful tags.
Sandy xx

Corrie Herriman said...

I love crackle, don;t use it enough ! Love your samples Sam ! I never get a good result with the PA crackle glaze...
Corrie x

chrissie said...

Well done with the crackle it looks amazing

Love Chrissie xx

Words and Pictures said...

I can never resist crackle, and these are cracking (sorry!) - fabulous tags - and thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
Alison xx

craftytrog said...

I'm catching up! These look amazing Sam, great crackle! xx

hazel said...

Wonderful crackle on your fabulous tags.
xxx Hazel.

Jenny Marples said...

Superb backgrounds and I love the overstamped cogs. Thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey. Jenny x

Blog Archive