Sunday 19 April 2015

Creating a Niche


Over at PaperArtsy the theme for this time is niches. I die cut a couple of shapes but used the negative to create a frame with a niche. I painted them in fresco paints, added some GP through the rough diamond stencil and added treasure gold. Coloured and stamped the chipboard pieces.


To create the gap I used 4 wooden scrabble tiles, one in each corner.


Another view of the gap from the top and the sides and you can just see the edges of the scrabble tile top left, which I painted black.

12 comments:

Helen said...

great idea, Sam, it looks fab.

Sue said...

Love this Sam, I've been playing with niches today too xx

Amanda said...

How fab! Great idea looks great!
Love
Amanda x

craftytrog said...

This looks amazing! xxx

Marianne said...

That's lovely. Love this one Sam!!

Deborah Wainwright said...

Wow Sam this really works well love it xx

Julie Lee said...

Great idea for a niche, Sam. xxx

craftimamma said...

This is great Sam and ...... you used a flower .... of sorts, lol! Seriously, it is lovely and I love the colours and mix of shapes and texture.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Kirsten said...

That is lovely.

Etsuko said...

Stunning panel Sam! beautiful shabby textures and colours. I love the lovely LP flower. xx

Hazel Agnew said...

Great idea to use the negative of the die to create a niche! x

Art By Wanda said...

It's wonderful!!!! I love that it looks like a postage stamp as it's a great idea for my hubby - he collects stamps!!!

Blog Archive