Well today was fun, we had a taster day with the pan pastel trial kits. In the morning session we got the Black (800.5) and the Burnt Sienna Shade (740.3) with various Sofft tools and the afternoon session was the brights, Permanent Red (340.5) and Diarylide Yellow (250.5), except some kits had Hansa Yellow (220.5) in as a substitute. Anyway we were given both kits in the morning to play with all day!!!!
And this is me, Neet and Lorraine.
And this obviously is all four of us together!!!
So can you guess where we are yet? This is Dy laughing at Neet and Lorraine.
This is Maz deliberating which stamp to use.
And now Neet deliberating too. This was because Dy let us play with all the colours in her Dylusion ink sprays, all the stencils, all her Dylusion and Dina Wakely stamps, including the new ones out, and her set of 20 pan pastels. So, as you can imagine, we had lots to go at. So I will apologise in advance because I can't remember the exact colours I used for each make.
This tag was created with three of the sprays, a green, an orange and a yellow. A layer of a yellow shade of pan pastel, stamping in perfect medium and the same yellow over the top. Some parts of the same stamps were stamped in black archival. The main Stampotique image was stamped in archival. The words were stamped on a separate piece of card, cut out and stuck on.
These three tags were created using the ink sprays for the background, stamping in perfect medium and going over the images with different colours of pan pastels.
These two tags were all pan pastels. Various shades of greens for the left and a blue, purple and magenta for the right. Again the images were stamped in perfect medium.
Pink, purple and blue ink was used to create the background, the images were stamped in perfect medium and Black (800.5) pan pastel was used to lift the images.
Purple and magenta pan pastels were used for the background, stamped in perfect medium and a blue was used to lift the main image, purple was used for the others.
For this one I just used the one colour, Burnt Sienna Shade (740.3). It was amazing to see how many different shades you can get from one colour depending how it was used.
This background was created with a couple of green pan pastels and perfect medium.
This background was created with spray inks and perfect medium. Black (800.5) pan pastel was used to lift the images.
And I couldn't go all that way without buying anything now could I!!!
** A couple of things I'd like to share. Get the proper sponges, they really do make a difference. Use Perfect Medium as opposed to Versamark or another brand of clear ink pad. As Dy pointed out, Perfect Medium was made to take the Perfect Pearls!! **