Monday 14 November 2011

Steampunk Treasure Box


I made this fab treasure box from scratch thanks to Jean.  It was actually quite easy to do in the end but I did have the advantage of a great set of instructions and a video demo.  Once constructed I used graphic 45 steampunk paper to cover.  I added loads of steampunkery embellishments, spinners, chain, watch parts, a lock  and a safety pin charm.  The trim is one of the new TH lace dies coloured with vintage photo distress stain.


The top has a piece of TH glassine paper which has been run through the clockworks cuttlebug embossing folder.  The edges were sealed with TH sticky tissue tape.  I coloured the silver metal corner piece with old brass lumiere paint.  The bottom left piece is from a clay mould and was coloured with metallic perfect pearls, the middle piece is a bronze coloured clock charm and the bottom cog is from a 7 gypsies set.  And lastly, the handle is a mini light bulb!!!!

I'm really pleased with the way it came out, and most astonished that the lid fitted the box.  That must be down to Jean and the precise measurements - thanks Jean

13 comments:

Chris said...

Wow, I'm totally impressed, Sam. You've done a stunning job.

Von said...

Great make Sam your on a roll :)

Clare with paint in her hair said...

love it

Sid said...

Fab box Sam !!

downrightcrafty said...

I would be pleased at how it turned out, my god woman this is stunning love the chains and all the bits of steam punk, just fabulous
Hugs Kate xx
ps think I went OTT on the spay gold laquer lol xx

Minxy said...

It came out brilliantly Sam, way to go you xo

Sue said...

This is fabulous Sam, and well done you for making it from scratch! I love the chains and locks, makes it a real treasure box x

The Musicalscrapper - AKA MusicScrp said...

Hey Sam I just realized I didn't leave a comment yesterday. Wonderful job and love the decorations.

Jean

Shairon said...

Great box Sam!xx

Alison said...

It's fantastic Sam!!! So cool! xxx

Cath Wilson said...

This is wonderful, Sam - love the detail and I especially like the sides of the lid - they look wonderful. Great colours, too x

Neet said...

Oh Sam this is really fantastic. You have made such a wonderful job of this, cannot believe it is made from scratch (well, I can 'cos I know you wouldn't tell porkies). Gorjuss! Hugs, Neet xxx

ju said...

Wow ! x

Blog Archive