Tuesday 16 February 2010

New Distress Inks


I ordered a couple of T!m's new colours and guess what....... they arrived today. So although I've packed eveything away, I just had to have a play with them and they are fab. The colours are sort of 'bright'. I inked up 3 tags in rusty hinge and crushed olive and did different things with them. On the left - I just covered the tag with rusty hinge using cut n dry and then used the crushed olive directly onto the paper. The middle one I inked with the 2 colours using cut n dry and then threw water over it to give a water mark look (the colours show up the best on this one) and the right one is spritzed with water and a bit of perfect pearls and gum arabic mixture.


I did 5 in total and just stamped a few flourishes and a quote on the middle one, added fibres and they are good to go. The 4th one I embossed with white powder.


I now know that I NEED more colours!!!!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no,I NEED these!! Fab colours and tags

downrightcrafty said...

oh my
don't they look fab what vibrant colours and you have worked wonderfully with them. I noticed they had new colours on Simon Says when I was browsing but it is always so difficult to know what they will look like on our creations.
Bet you end up buying the whole lot :)
Hugs Kate x

Sid said...

You got yours quickly ! They do look nice and as you say sort of 'bright'. Can't wait to get mine now.

crafty creations said...

Great tags Sam - love the new colours - sitting on my hands :):):)

Burnice said...

Fab, Sam. I have decided you have a new title. "Enabler"!!!! Now I just HAVE to go and get some.
I saw the whole set somewhere for £54 but can't remember where!
Burnice x

Cath Wilson said...

Those colours look good, Sam. Do you think they're vastly different from the Adirondacks, though? They look VERY similar...

sam21ski said...

Cath I only have a handful of Adirondacks, I like the distress inks much more, so I think I will NEED the full set!!!!! Eventually!!!

Kate, the colours are sort of 'bright' rather than dull if you know what I mean

xxxxxx

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh wow, what a gorgeous set Sam, I don't have any distress inks, lol, they're another of the things on my will-try-at-some-point-in-the-future list :D

Heavens2Betsy said...

These are fab! Love the watersplashed tag. I NEED the new colours!

Laura said...

A fantastic set of tags. great colours too!

ju said...

Oooh yummy tags Sam! Something else for the wish list - when is Christmas again...............?

Neet said...

Those colours look fabby! love your tags.

Unknown said...

You have made those new colours irresistable - gorgeous stamping - I love being able to enlarge your photos for close ups - you can see so much more

Minxy said...

:) very cool :)

Blog Archive