Saturday 7 February 2009

Paper Paradise is no more


Well the day has finally arrived. Sue has shut up shop to dedicate time to her own crafting and to spend time with the family.

I made this 4 x 4 just as a little thank you and farewell.

I coloured a piece of acetate using alcohol inks, adding copper and pearl, I then ran it through the cuttlebug in a folder to emboss it. Then I mounted it onto a dark green piece of mount board. Taking my used coke can, I ran it through the cuttlebug using various dies and attached them to the background. This time I remembered to bash the metal with my textured hammer before attaching!!!!

It's not as dark in real life, the lighting isn't great!!

17 comments:

Beccy said...

Once again brilliant work Sam. x

crafty creations said...

Stunning Sam - sure Sue loved it - shame about pp though

Ang C said...

absolutely FAB!!!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant - I feel so deprived without a cuttlebug

Claireabelle said...

Briliant!

Sarah said...

oooh having just unpacked my brand new cuttlebug, I now feel the urge to emboss acetate,clever!

Paper Paradise said...

As The proud recipient of this 4x4 I would like to say a massive thanks Sam. I was absolutely taken back by the effect of the background. Thanks for the explanation on how to achieve the effect, can't wait to try it myself. Oh and also thanks for the chocs, sat having a few as we speak, lovely end to an emotional day.........

carian said...

Oh that delightful, she'll love it. xx

Mags said...

It's stunning Sam, love it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck Sue and Sam, what a great piece to mark the occasion.

Love the effects you achieve.

xxxxxxxx

ju said...

Lovely piece Sam - really unusual x

mommabear said...

Just stunning Sam

kathleen said...

It's gorgeous Sam.

RubyMay said...

this really is stunning...wonderful embossing. Thanks for all your great tips Sam.
What a lovely present x

stamp and scrape said...

Sam, I bet this really shines in real life - fabulous work.
Ros

Joy said...

What a lovely gift for Sue xx

LorraineB said...

Love your tutorials and creativity and I LOVE YOUR DOGS!! Those are the cutest faces.
LorraineB NY

Blog Archive